Cantaloupe Salad with Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Onions
Hey now that everyone loves watermelon mixed with feta, give cantaloupe a little play and try mixing it with mozz!
1 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1 inch cubes
10-20 leaves of basil, chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh mozzarella
~2 tbsp Olive oil
~2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
Juice from one lime
Agave Nectar or Honey – drizzle
In a large bowl, toss the cantaloupe, basil strips, red onions and mozzarella together. Lightly dress the salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Juice one lime and toss into the salad.
2 small ears of uncooked corn
2 medium tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 bunch scallions
1 small bunch Parsley
1 small bunch Cilantro
2 limes (juice of)
Salt & Pepper*
1. Chop all veggies into bite sized pieces – cut corn off the cob, uncooked and mix into bowl
2. Mix together
Optional: Mix in quinoa or brown rice and top with feta cheese
4 medium strawberries
1/2 red pepper - diced
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
½ medium red onion, chopped fine
1 handful, cilantro – diced
Add in tomatoes and/or pineapple
1. Prepare your ingredients.
2. Chop fruits and veggies into a dice.
3. Cut cilantro into bite sized pieces.
4. Squeeze lemon and lime over the mixture.
5. Optional to squeeze a little honey over salsa mixture when finished to add sweetness.
2 pieces whole grain naan bread – can also use a whole wheat pizza crust (thin) or whole wheat pita – if neither options available, can make on a smaller scale with a whole wheat English muffin
1/2 cup blueberries
1 bosc pear (sliced)
1/2 cup blackberries
2 figs sliced thin
1 cup baby arugula
4 oz spreadable goat cheese
1/2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread the goat cheese evenly on the naan slices.
3. Drizzle honey/agave on top of cheese
4. Add the blueberries, blackberries, pear and figs on top of goat cheese. Place in oven & bake for 15 minutes or until naan is toasted.
5. Remove from oven and add ½ cup arugula to each pizza. Slice and enjoy!
Enjoy all of summer’s freshest flavors in the most delicious, #happyslimhealthy ways J
~Jenna A. Stock, RD