Why should we all do Squats?
The squat has more benefits then you probably realize. It’s a functional exercise that we probably do more often than we know. How many times a day do you sit and stand from a chair?
Some other benefits of the Squat are…
- It builds muscles in the entire body...Not only does the squat help to develop your lower body muscle groups. But they also cause all of your muscles to develop by way of an anabolic stimulation which can trigger the release of testosterone and human growth hormone that help lean out and trigger muscle development throughout your body, not just your legs. Squatting is a foundation of any proper muscle-building routine.
- Squatting develops your connective tissues... especially those in your stabilizing areas: knees, ankles, and hips. All the tendons and ligaments grow thicker and are less likely to tear or rupture when stressed.
- You will look great from behind!!! You want a nicely toned rear end?. You want to fill in your jeans?. You want your legs to be proportional to your glutes? SQUAT!!!. Squatting is a natural functional movement and it will build a natural functional physique that you will LOVE!
- Build more muscle, burn more fat. If you are trying to lose weight or lean down, Squats will help. For every pound of muscle mass your body gains, you burn an additional 50-70 calories per day carrying that business around with you. It accelerates fat burning more than any other exercise!
- As a bonus… You will also get a great Abs workout!
How to do the proper squat…
You want to be sure that you are in good form when doing squats…
- Step your feet about hip to shoulder width apart.
- Keep your core tight and sit back like you’re sitting in a chair
- Lower till your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep your butt reaching back and your weight slightly shifted to your heels.
- Press through your heels and Glutes to stand up
Take the New Year Squat Challenge!