So what are these items?
- Household vinegar (white)
- Table salt
- Liquid dish soap
- Long handled spoon to stir with
- Plastic spray bottle
- Empty plastic container
- Pour a gallon of the vinegar into your bucket. You do not need to purchase a higher concentrate of vinegar, everyday household vinegar can do just fine. It could take a bit longer for the weeds to die, such as an extra day or two but you will have them gone.
- Add a cup of your table salt and then stir it with the spoon. The salt should be completely dissolved in the vinegar.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the dish liquid. This allows the salt and vinegar to stick to the weeds easily so that it is able to do it's job. Make sure to blend the soap in with the mixture completely.
- Use the funnel to put the mixture in the spray bottle that you have. Careful not to spill any.
- On a dry day when the sun is out, spray it generously on all of the weeds. You want to saturate them well. The weeds should die within several days of spraying them since they will end up drying out. You will not be able to grow anything else here after this and the weeds will never come back.
- Use the funnel to put the rest of the mixture into a plastic container. Make sure to put the top on it tightly and label it. Store it in a cool, dark spot so you can use it again on another spot, if needed.