- Midwives give individualized care to the women that they see. This is something that creates a lasting bond and makes the woman feel more comfortable about birthing.
- Midwives hold the lowest rates for Cesarean births throughout the country.
- Midwives help to empower women and help them overcome fears they may have about birthing.
- The price of a midwife is much lower compared to physicians and hospitals and insurance plans are required to cover these costs.
- Midwives do not only work in hospitals, they are also able to make home calls and even home deliveries if this is where the mother feels more comfortable birthing.
- Midwives have a lower infant mortality rate than physicians.
- Midwives encourage and help with breastfeeding and post natal care.
These facts are facts that you might not have known about midwives, since a lot of people feel that physicians might be safer when it comes to childbirth. This is not necessarily true. Midwives become intuitive when it comes to the woman they are working with. They understand the warning signs and know when to call for help. This might be the best experience that you could ever have and it might be one worth looking into before you give birth.